Sunday, February 27, 2011

Not Feelin' Shock Therapy

I am a man of power and therefore I follow my own ideology, priorities, and policies of the system of government called Putinism. Much of the political and financial powers are controlled by siloviki, i.e. people with state security background, coming from the total of 22 governmental security and intelligence agencies, such as the FSB, the Police and the Army. The political system under me was primarily characterized by some elements of Economic liberalism, a lack of transparency in governance, cronyism and pervasive corruption. During my two terms as president, I signed into law a series of liberal economic reforms, such as the flat income tax of 13 percent, a reduced profits tax, a new Land Code and a new edition (2006) of the Civil Code. Within this period, poverty in Russia was cut by more than a half and real GDP has grown rapidly. In some peoples' opinions Russia's "impressive" short-term economic growth "came simultaneously with the destruction of free media, threats to civil society and an unmitigated corruption of justice."But I think otherwise, people need to realize what I have done for my country. I was able to bring back Russia's economy to the 6th biggest economy in the world.

1 comment:

  1. he have fight for his country and gave all for bthat, i think to my mind, i have always been agree with hie actieons and i like michael gorbatchev too

    ReplyDelete