Sunday, February 27, 2011

Primary Source: Secret Police

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/1/4/125119.shtml

On Dec. 20, 2001 I attended the celebration known as 'Chekist's day' in which Russian special services celebrate the Dec. 20, 1917, establishment of the Communists' secret police, the Cheka. I was the first Russian president to attend the celebration and I urged my former colleagues to learn from the repressive past of Soviet special services and to apply their skills toward defending democracy. Since I believe there can be democracy as long as this great nation listens to my every order.

I had a special and well-thought quote in this article:
"We remember the history of the security agencies. It is ambiguous, we know that," Putin said. "The easiest thing would be to reject our past. It is more important, in my view, to learn its lessons, regardless of how bitter they are, and along with the harshest criticism, to preserve the valuable aspects."


Russia’s secret police are trying to use the 400 so-called spy cases of Edmond Pope and others to justify their existence and value at a time when the primary activity of the FSB is repressing the Russian population, especially those people who do not accept the Kremlin’s idea about going back to the "glorious days" of its totalitarian past.

I have personally described these people as "cudgels," which in Russian means mindless pieces of wood.

There is no doubt that the FSB and Russia's other special services are an extremely powerful tool for Kremlin leaders in their drive to restore a totalitarian regime in the country where democracy never existed to begin with. At the same time it’s a very effective machine for the realization of my plans to restore Russia’s international influence and to challenge the U.S. leadership of the so-called unipolar world.

No comments:

Post a Comment